Fire destroys Canby grass seed company building
A Canby-based grass seed company’s building was destroyed in a fire Thursday morning that required about 40 firefighters from several different agencies to put it out.
The two-alarm fire broke out around 11:30 a.m. at the Rose Agri-Seed building located at 29975 S Barlow Road, said Todd Gary, deputy fire marshal at the Canby Fire Department. Gary, also the lead investigator on the blaze, said it started after a machine that dries grass seeds caught fire. No one was injured.
Several factors complicated firefighters’ efforts to put the fire out, Gary said. Visibility was low from heavy smoke and the 2400-square-foot building had no windows. Four propane tanks inside the building also caught fire, and the building’s roof collapsed shortly after crews arrived.
To read more, visit The Oregonian